- Hits: 341
As part of the Christian Church living in the spirit of the Gospel, we are committed to protect and care for everyone in the church community, and especially children, young people and adults at risk.
We are committed to :
- Promoting a safer environment and culture;
- Safely recruiting and supporting all those with any responsibility related to children, young people and vulnerable adults within the Church;
- Responding promptly to every safeguarding concern or allegation;
- Caring pastorally for victims/survivors of abuse and other affected persons;
- Caring pastorally for those who are the subject of concerns or allegations of abuse and other affected persons.
- Responding to those that may pose a present risk to others.
Our Parish Safeguarding Officer is Sue Turner and she can be contacted on 07850 983819
The Diocesan Safeguarding Team can be contacted on 02476 521345
The PCC has adopted the 'Promoting a Safer Church' policy of the Church of England
A copy of the Diocesan Safeguarding Policy can be downloaded here
- Hits: 12
Every year Ride & Stride is on the second Saturday of September every year and is a national, sponsored event involving all the Historic Churches County Trusts.
Ride & Stride takes place on Saturday 14th September 2019 – and we need your help! Sponsored Riders and Striders are invited to cycle, horse ride, drive or walk between churches, chapels and meeting rooms on any route of their choice. Churches are encouraged to be open, welcome the visitors and give refreshments if they wish.
It’s great fun and an enjoyable day out with family or friends while raising funds to support the repair and restoration of churches so that future generations can enjoy these historic treasures too.Money raised is divided 50% between the participant’s chosen church and the WCHCT.
To find out more, go to either “I am a Church or Parish Coordinator / Organiser” or “I want to be a Rider or Strider”. On these pages, scroll down and you can download all the forms you need from a list.
Funds can be raised by finding sponsors and collecting donations or by using Just Giving online, which makes fundraising much easier.
- Hits: 105
Please pray for........
- Alasdair Rowan, Paul Towers, Matthew Williams, Margaret Wykes and Anne McCreath
- Those in our prayer corner and anyone known to us personally.
- Luca and his family and friends, as we celebrate his baptism.
- Those who are bereaved, especially the family and friends of Sue Wyatt, Anthony Kalnins, and Barbara Hepple.
- In our parish this week, we pray for all those who live and work on The Croft, Dingley Road, and Elm Tree Road.
Follow this link for the Church of England Prayer for today