- Hits: 442
As a new month begins and we continue to return to the Church building for worship, we are also opening up new ways of giving to St James Church - it is now possible to donate online.
St James relies solely on people's generosity and receives no funding from the Church of England or the Government. As you can imagine, the pandemic has had a significant impact on our financial situation - as we continue to worship, look after our building, and play our part in the community, if you are able to give it would make an enormous difference. Thank you!
- Hits: 508
Daily Hope offers music, prayers and reflections as well as full worship services from the Church of England at the end of a telephone line.
The line – which is available 24 hours a day on 0800 804 8044 – has been set up particularly with those unable to join online church services during the period of restrictions in mind.
“With many in our country on lockdown, it’s important that we support those who are feeling lonely and isolated, whatever age they are."
Archbishop Justin Welby
- Hits: 487
During this difficult time you may like to use the resources in these links, the first one includes local prayers for our parishes.
The links are PDF files and will open in a new window on a computer or will be downloaded to your mobile device
- Hits: 3149
As part of the Christian Church living in the spirit of the Gospel, we are committed to protect and care for everyone in the church community, and especially children, young people and adults at risk.
We are committed to :
- Promoting a safer environment and culture;
- Safely recruiting and supporting all those with any responsibility related to children, young people and vulnerable adults within the Church;
- Responding promptly to every safeguarding concern or allegation;
- Caring pastorally for victims/survivors of abuse and other affected persons;
- Caring pastorally for those who are the subject of concerns or allegations of abuse and other affected persons.
- Responding to those that may pose a present risk to others.
Our Parish Safeguarding Officer is Sue Turner and she can be contacted on 07850 983819
The Diocesan Safeguarding Team can be contacted on 02476 521345
The PCC has adopted the 'Promoting a Safer Church' policy of the Church of England
A copy of the Diocesan Safeguarding Policy can be downloaded here