- Monday, 28 January 2019
The site is always being updated to ensure that fresh content and improvements are included.
The following changes have been carried out:
- The services and events have been incorporated into one calendar.
- The home page will have a shorter list of services/events
- A new page with a calendar, clicking on the event will give more details where appropriate.
- Contact details have been changed from a simple list to a more attractive layout, clicking on the person will display email and phone numbers
- Wednesday, 26 December 2018
Follow the Church of England Reflections for Christmas
Reflections from the Church House Publishing booklet Follow The Star: A Journey through the 12 Days of Christmas by Isabelle Hamley are copyright 2018 The Archbishops’ Council and used here with permission.
Bible readings are taken from The New Revised Standard Version (Anglicized Edition), copyright 1989, 1995 by the Division of Christian Education of the National Council of the Churches of Christ in the United States of America. All rights reserved.
Use the links below, you can also subscribe to the emails or download the app for iOS or Android
- Sunday, 16 December 2018
A huge thank you to everyone, who over the last year helped to make this monthly event such a success. Also, our grateful thanks to the fabulous bakers, kitchen staff, servers, raffle ticket sellers, table clearers, sweeper uppers, laundry gals, and not forgetting our Mr. Shifters.
Since January, with your help and all the wonderful folk who have streamed through our doors to support us, we have raised the magnificent sum of £4,517.15, before expenses.
We look forward to seeing everyone at our first Coffee Morning of the New Year, 5th January 2019.
Wishing you a Joyous Christmas, and a Happy New Year,
Pam, Joy and Ginny.
- Saturday, 10 November 2018
In the graveyard of St James, we have 4 graves for service personnel who have died whilst serving.
- Gunner A. R Elson, Royal Artillery, 25th January 1944 aged 30
- Marine A. Haywood, Royal Marines, 1st May 1944 Aged 33
- Private P.E Smith, Royal Warwickshire Regiment, 15th May 1940 Ages 22
- Junior Gunner S. Offord, Royal Artillery, 23rd June 1960, Aged 15